We would like Indymedia to be a place that not only is reporting on single events / protests that are happening around us but also broader issues that are effecting out lives. This a totally incomplete list of things that might spark your interest. If they do then click, make a new page and start. Then hopefully we will get some more features on our site.
- Cycling – advocating and promoting this, attitude (how it changes a complicated car/bus to bits of metal you can fix yourself), eco.
- Allotment/ Permaculture – an article introducing permaculture and how luck Leeds is to have Hollybush and Bradford to have BEES and some of the positive work that is happening.
- Homelessness – the charities that exist, life on the street, squatting and alternative housing
- Refugees – about LASAN (Leeds Asylum Seekers Supporters’ Network) and PAFRAS (Positive Action for Refugees & Asylum Seekers) and the no boarders campaigns
- Cultural activism – interview about different culture’s experience of activism in our cities. What motivates other groups.
- Social Centres – how they effect our lives. What they can do?
(feel free to add more or take any on)